Psychological Operations - Cyber Cognitive Warfighter - A NATO View
Cyber psyops - psychological tactics, techniques in the digital realm to influence or manipulate
This part of the Cyber Cognitive Warfighter series covers Cyber Psyops. Cyber psyops, short for cyber psychological operations, refers to the use of psychological tactics and techniques in the digital realm to influence or manipulate individuals, groups, or nations. It involves leveraging various cyber tools, technologies, and platforms to disseminate misleading information, propaganda, or psychological manipulation with the aim of achieving specific objectives, such as shaping public opinion, destabilizing governments, or disrupting organizations. Cyber psyops can include activities such as spreading disinformation through social media, conducting online influence campaigns, launching targeted cyberattacks to undermine trust or create fear, and exploiting psychological vulnerabilities in individuals or communities. The ultimate goal of cyber psyops is to exert control or gain an advantage over the targeted entities in the virtual domain.
Treadstone 71 is a woman and veteran-owned small business exclusively focused on cyber and threat intelligence consulting, services, and training. We are a pure-play intelligence shop.
Since 2002, Treadstone 71 delivers intelligence training, strategic, operational, and tactical intelligence consulting, and research. We provide a seamless extension of your organization efficiently and effectively moving your organization to cyber intelligence program maturity. Our training, established in 2008, follows intelligence community standards as applied to the ever-changing threat environment delivering forecasts and estimates as intelligence intends. From baseline research to adversary targeted advisories and dossiers, Treadstone 71 products align with your intelligence requirements. We do not follow the create once and deliver many model. We contextually tie our products to your needs. Intelligence is our only business.
- We use intuition, structured techniques, and years of experience.
- We supply intelligence based on clearly defined requirements.
- We do not assign five people to do a job only one with experience.
- We do not bid base bones only to change order you to overspending.
We are known for our ability to:
- Anticipate key target or threat activities that are likely to prompt a leadership decision.
- Aid in coordinating, validating, and managing collection requirements, plans, and activities.
- Monitor and report changes in threat dispositions, activities, tactics, capabilities, objectives as related to designated cyber operations warning problem sets.
- Produce timely, fused, all-source cyber operations intelligence and indications and warnings intelligence products (e.g., threat assessments, briefings, intelligence studies, country studies).
- Provide intelligence analysis and support to designated exercises, planning activities, and time-sensitive operations.
- Develop or recommend analytic approaches or solutions to problems and situations for which information is incomplete or no precedent exists.
- Recognize and mitigate deception in reporting and analysis.
Assess intelligence, recommend targets to support operational objectives.
- Assess target vulnerabilities and capabilities to determine a course of action.
- Assist in the development of priority information requirements.
- Enable synchronization of intelligence support plans across the supply chain.
- ...and Review and understand organizational leadership objectives and planning guidance non-inclusively.